Friday, August 25, 2006

Girl Escapes From Captor 8 Years After She Was Kidnapped

What a story!
Yesterday Natascha's father, Ludwig Koch, said he recognised his lost daughter immediately. In an interview with Austria's Kurier newspaper, he said she looked in bad shape physically and had wasted away. "She has very, very white skin and marks all over her entire body. I don't want to think about where they came from," he said. After being reunited on Wednesday they had both wept. "She told me: Papa, I love you. And her next question was, Papa, do you still have my toy car?'

"I told her I did, and we had never given it away. We still have all her dolls as well."

2 comments:

M (tread softly upon) said...

Oh my God! Thanks for drawing my attention to this article. I still can't believe it. I hope she does fine in life.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i am just so amazed. Recent reports say that she has a serious case of Stockholm syndrome (i.e., sympathising with her captor). I hope she eventually has a chance at a happier life.