Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hair Apparent

About six years ago, C would call out to me from his room every night around 2 am. I would get up, straggle into his room and try to put him back to sleep. He would cradle my face in his arms and eventually fall asleep.

One night although C called for me, the husband decided to give me a break and went in instead. C reached for the face again, felt the day-old stubble, promptly pulled his arms back and called for me again. Louder and close to tears this time.

We recounted this episode to a friend who let out a loud guffaw and said, "It's a good thing he didn't say 'Mom, you need a shave!'"

Memory brought on by this post.

8 comments:

Kavi said...

Mom you need a shave !!

What an idea ji !?!

Enjoyed the post. And what a title !

:)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, 'Mom, you need a shave' takes the cake AND the bakery.

Anonymous said...

hee hee....well my moustache certainly needs dealing with-AGAIN.
ok i've entered this comment three times, last time am trying.

Nino's Mum said...

lol! just the kind of friend one needs around to make the insanity of parenting seem a little more do-able!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I think they do figure one way or the other thx to pheromones...my guess:)

Sujatha Bagal said...

Kavi, Siri, :)

Ra, those words are irritating sometimes. Thanks for trying. :)

NM, have a few that keep us on the straight and narrow. :)

N'ville Mom, yup, i can think of a few situations where the hair has not been an issue but still the kids can figure out who it is.

Roshni said...

Very appropriate title!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.