Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Bidapa's "Mistake"

This is what Bidapa had to say about the reason for his arrest in Dubai.

"After the party was over, I noticed the pouch lying on the television set
and decided to throw it away later. However, while packing all things were
shoved into my bag. There were two-three people helping me with the packing, so I really do not know who shoved it, or whether I myself
shoved it in."

Bidapa claimed he carried the bag to Bangalore and subsequently to Dubai
without realising that the packet allegedly containing marijuana was still lying
in the side-pocket.

http://ww1.mid-day.com/news/nation/2005/july/114272.htm

And this is precisely why airline personnel at the check-in counter ask you if you had the bag in your possession all the time and if you packed your bags yourself. It's a question that merits some thought.

No comments: