Friday, March 13, 2009

Footloose Friday - VI

Anoop Desai's rather disastrous performance of Michael Jackson's Beat It! on American Idol transported me to the living rooms of my growing up years. Our single-speaker Two-in-One (it had a radio and a cassette player) spewed out a tinny Michael Jackson - venomous in Beat It!, regretful (was that what it was? not really sure now) in Billie Jean, scary in Thriller. We danced and sang (much like Anoop, and I know we were nothing short of silly) and generally drove our parents nuts.

It also made me want to watch this video at once - Suleiman Mirza and Madhu Singh channeling Michael Jackson.

Update:

The video has become unavailable. Here's a link to it instead.


Earlier Footloose Friday posts available by clicking on the label below. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, Sujartha! You have made my morning! That was the most fun video I've seen in ages! I'm going to have to watch that one again! Thanks so much for posting it!!

Sylvia K said...

sorry -- got so carried away I misspelled your name!!

Debbie said...

What a blast! I really enjoyed the video.

Kavi said...

The surprise quotient rocked !!

:)

Frankie Anon said...

Fun video. I hope they won! You may have already seen this, but my friend from Bangalore told me about another Michael Jackson homage, Indian Thriller.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0

Sujatha Bagal said...

Sylvia, no worries. :)

Glad you all enjoyed the video!

Frankie, OMG! Why had I never seen that video before!!! Thank you so much for linking to it. It was an absolute thriller! :)

Nino's Mum said...

hahahaha :) I am so totally ROFL!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me spill my freshly squeezed pomegranate juice. :P

Sujatha Bagal said...

Neo, and just how you get freshly squeezed pom juice!? :)