Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Catching Up...Blogquake Day and Arka's Post

Finally surfacing from travel, a wedding, and a draining cough and cold.

Couple of things of note while I've been MIA...

Desipundit has designated October 26th as Blog Quake Day. If you follow this link, you will find a list of organizations that will accept donations for quake relief. Please do visit and contribute. Despipundit is becoming quite the expert in harnessing the power of bloggers!

Speaking of the power of bloggers, if you haven't already checked out Arka's post consolidating the IIPM write-ups and about the protest in Bangalore, please do check it out. It's here and here.

I thought I sounded pretty pathetic on the air yesterday, hacking my way through my shows on radio, but was told my sinus-clogged voice sounded great. All that coughing must have thickened my vocal cords and suffused my voice with a well-rounded richness. But what to do? The cough and cold will not stay around for long....

11 comments:

Anjali said...

Hi Sujatha ... welcome back!

Sujatha Bagal said...

Thanks Anjali!

gawker said...

Ah the plight of Phoebe. Ah I suck.

Sujatha Bagal said...

Gawker, most definitely I dooo, booo hooo. But is that a literary reference or is it a reference to Seinfeld. Pray, enlighten. And hey, does your e-mail work? I see you've taken it off your blog.

karrvakarela said...

Hi Sujata,

Good to have you back. Keep well.

Sujatha Bagal said...

Thanks KK. How are things at your end?

gawker said...

Nah not a literary reference. But not Seinfeld either. Friends. Thats why I said I suck. No man likes to admit he watches Friends.

Sujatha Bagal said...

Oh, ok. Yeah, I did mean Friends, but got my sitcoms confused...

Anonymous said...

Sujatha,

Would people with conditions like sinusitis, asthma and such conditions get worse in Bangalore?

This used to be the case earlier - apparently because of higher pollen count. Does it still hold true?

Sujatha Bagal said...

E, hmmm, I know that Bangalore is generally supposed to be bad for asthma suffers (parthenium weed being the culprit), but I've found generally that most children who move to Bangalore go through a cough/cold phase for a few months until they settle down and get used to the dust and whatever else is in the air. Until then a lot of cough syrup to tide you over. :)

Anonymous said...

meant grown-ups, not kids - any idea how a person with a tendency to respiratory issues fares? is it as bad as any other place or particularly worse in bangalore?
thanks again and hope you are having fun wherever you are!