Friday, August 11, 2006

Radio Interview with Kavita Krishnamurthy Subramaniam and Dr. L. Subramaniam

All India Radio's FM Rainbow (101.3) in Bangalore is broadcasting my exclusive interview with Kavita Krishnamurthy-Subramaniam and Dr. L. Subramianiam tomorrow Saturday, Aug 12, between 8 and 9 p.m. This interview is the first in a series (called Pride of Bangalore) that will air every Saturday for the following few weeks at the same time (8-9 p.m.). I'll put up information about the other people I talked to for this series as and when the schedule is fixed. Please do listen if you can.

I interviewed them at their home one morning a few months back. One thing that struck me about them is how modest, kind and unassuming they are. Absolutely no airs about them. They offered us (myself and the sound engineer that accompanied me) coffee, made sure we were comfortable, gave us the best possible sound environment in their home and most importantly, gave me time which is a miracle given their extremely (and I mean extremely) busy lives. And in the process, did not make me feel like they were doing me a big favor.

It was an honor to have met them and talked to them.

3 comments:

Ashutosh Sovani said...

Sounds interesting. Please do post some links of the interview/s if available.

- Ashutosh

Anonymous said...

Is there any way by which those of us not in India can listen to it? I'm really, really interested.

Sujatha Bagal said...

Ashutosh, I'll try, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that.

MG, what do I say to you? It is just not available online or in any other place than B'lore. :( I'll try to put up a transcript though.